Southampton based designer Kimberly McSparran, a trendsetter in the world of design sees the unique beauty of nature as the inspiration for much of her work. From dinnerware, flatware and wallpaper to linen, crystal and collectibles, McSparran is the designer of top selling patterns for Lunt Silver, Spiegelau, Mikasa, Toscany, Reco, Muirfield, Decorative Coverings, Marcel Schurman, and Yamazaki. She solidified her industrial design career in Manhattan before transplanting herself in the quiet calm of Southampton village where, now, she pursues her current passion, painting.
Kim has worked with several top architects and interior designers including Mark Hampton. She has been commissioned to paint murals, to do decorative painting and faux finishing on walls, floors, cabinets, rugs, fixtures and furniture on estates throughout the Hamptons.
Kim is currently available for private commissions. She will do portraits of the things you cherish most: dogs, horses, all pets including frogs and turtles, and, of course, your children. She begins with a “getting acquainted” photo session, at your home as an in-depth study that enables the artist to depict the true spirit of the ones you love. After she has compiled all the pertinent information, she will compose and paint the portrait. This lasting gift can be given with great pride to fellow loved ones to cherish and enjoy for generations to come.
• Kim patiently photographed our black Labrador, Maggie, capturing her expressions in various lighting, thereby enabling her to transpose the perfect image into her oil portrait. Her persistence was well worth the time she spent with our dog, as she put her heart and creative soul into that painting of our much-loved pet. This picture will always remind us of the gentle, loving dog we cherished - the sparkle in her eyes and sweet demeanor were so perfectly depicted. Thank you, Kim, for sharing your gift with our family! Nancy
• The painting arrived and it is so beautiful and perfect. When we got up yesterday, I fixed us brunch including Mimosas and Jeff opened his Present. He was really taken back and over whelmed. He just loved it and was very touched. He wants to bring it to the store so he can see it every day until we can find the perfect spot at home. Thank you for being so timely with getting it to me for his special day.
Thank you for brightening our lives with such a beautiful work of art. Adair
• Bella looks really very beautiful - Her expression / how her hair fell and her features really jump out . Seeing her in such a lifelike state brought happy tears to my eyes. It's a gorgeous memorial of her and her essence.I thank you for bringing her back into my life through your art. Jeff
• It is soooooo gorgeous! Thank you so much for doing this for ARF, Bella and Jeff!
Sara Davison, Executive Director
The Animal Rescue Fund of the Hamptons, Inc. (ARF)
• My husband, Charlie and I cannot thank you enough for capturing so subtly the personality and physicality of our cavalier spaniel, "Lady." We are delighted with the portrait you painted and take pleasure in sharing it through the note cards you created. Noreen Conroy
• I was thrilled to hire Kim McSparran to paint a portrait of our dog, Jimmy. Being an animal lover, she knew how to capture the spirit of our dog in his own environment. She spent a great deal of time photographing him and created a beautiful portrait of him which we treasure. Vicki and Dr. Anthony Caruso